FX News Today
- Risk appetite picked up during the Asian session amid further confirmation from Chinese officials that they will implement measures to boost the flagging economy.
- Equities recovered as China pledges to support growth.
- Brexit: The most important day so far, with Parliament set to reject the government’s deal.
- GBPUSD whipsawed by Brexit vote news; first backed, then undermined.
- Yen has outperformed as global stocks tumble on big China trade data miss.
- EURUSD ebbed to 5-day low at 1.1437, before rebounding to 1.1485.
- Oil prices stabilised and the front end WTI future is trading at USD 51.23 per barrel.
Charts of the Day
Main Macro Events Today
- US PPI and Core – Expectations – December headline PPI is forecast dipping 0.1%, while the core rises 0.1%.
- ECB President Draghi Speech – Draghi will probably strike a cautious tone and acknowledge that the balance of risks is starting to shift to the downside.
- Parliament Brexit Vote- Expectations –There seems be neither an agreement on PM May’s deal, nor on any of the feasible alternatives. And reportedly, EU officials who are not keen on a hard Brexit scenario are open to a 3-month extension to the Brexit schedule. See our Brexit Vote summary.
Support and Resistance Levels
Click here to access the HotForex Economic Calendar
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.