- Leading Economic Index (JPY, GMT 05:00) – The index is expected to show no change in the outlook of the Japanese economy and stand at 97.9.
- Mark Carney Press Conference (GBP, GMT 10:00) – The BoE Governor is expected to hold a press conference in London.
Tuesday – 26 February 2019
- US Housing Data (USD, GMT 13:30) – Building Permits and Housing Starts are expected to have declined in December, with the former reaching 1.28M compared to 1.32M in November, as the latter is expected to decline to 1.245M compared to 1.256M. The Case-Shiller Index (GMT 14:00) is also expected to grow by 4.5% y/y compared to 4.7% in November.
- Conference Board Consumer Confidence (USD, GMT 15:00) – Consumer Confidence is expected to have increased to 124.3, compared to 120.2 in the previous month.
Wednesday – 27 February 2019
- CPI Inflation Rate (CAD, GMT 13:30) – The Canadian inflation is expected to have grown by 1.9% y/y, at the same rate as in December.
- Jerome Powell Testifies (USD, GMT 15:00) – The Fed Chair is due to testify on the Semiannual Monetary Policy Report before the Senate Banking Committee.
- Factory Orders (USD, GMT 15:00) – December Factory Orders are expected to have stood at 0.9% m/m, compared -0.6% m/m in January.
- Retail Trade (JPY, GMT 23:50) – Japanese Retail Trade is expected to have increased by 0.8% y/y in January, compared to a 1.3% increase in December.
Thursday – 28 February 2019
- Manufacturing and Service PMIs (CNY, GMT 01:00) – The February Manufacturing PMI is expected to remain below the 50 threshold, but slightly increase to 49.6 from 49.5 in January, while the Services PMI is expected to have eased to 54.5 compared to 54.7 last month.
- KOF Leading Indicator (CHF, GMT 08:00) – The KOF Indicator is expected to have stood at 96.2 in February, up from 95.0 in January but still below the 100 mark.
- Gross Domestic Product and PCE (USD, GMT 13:30) – US GDP is expected to have grown by 2.4% on an annualized rate in the last quarter of the year, compared to 3.4% growth in Q3. The Fed’s favourite inflation measure is expected to have grown by 1.6%, the same as the previous quarter.
- Chicago PMI (USD, GMT 14:45) – The Chicago Manufacturing PMI is expected to have increased to 57.8, compared to 56.7 in January.
- Tokyo CPI (JPY, GMT 23:30) – Japan’s leading CPI index is expected to have grown by 0.9% in February, compared to 1.1% in January.
Friday – 01 March 2019
- National CPI Index and Unemployment Rate (JPY, GMT 01:30) – The Japanese price index is expected to have increased to 0.8% on a y/y basis, compared to 0.7% in December. The unemployment rate is expected to have remained at 2.4%.
- Unemployment Rate (EUR, GMT 10:00) – EU unemployment rate is expected to have remained at 7.9% in January, the same level as in December.
- ISM Manufacturing PMI (USD, GMT 15:00) – The US Manufacturing PMI is expected to come out at 56.2 in February, compared to 56.6 in January.
Click here to access the Economic Calendar
Dr Nektarios Michail
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.