- Eurogroup Meeting (EUR, Full Day) – Finance Ministers of each Member State meet in Brussels to discuss various financial issues, including fiscal policy.
- Retail Sales ex Autos (USD, GMT 12:30) – Retail Sales are expected to have grown by 0.3% m/m, most likely a base effect from the previous 1.8% reduction in December.
Tuesday – 12 March 2019
- Consumer Price Index (USD, GMT 12:30) – US CPI is expected to have slightly eased to 2.1% on an annual basis, compared to 2.2% in January.
- Industrial and Manufacturing Production (GBP, 09:30) – UK’s production data ahead of the parliament vote are expected to come out at 0.1% m/m and 0% m/m respectively.
- EVENT OF THE WEEK: UK Parliament to Vote on Brexit (GBP / EUR, NA) – British lawmakers will vote on whether to approve Prime Minister Theresa May’s revised Brexit deal. If rejected, May would have to provide parliament with the option to leave the EU without a deal.
Wednesday – 13 March 2019
- Producer Price Index (USD, GMT 12:30) – US February PPI is expected to have remained at the same levels as in January, at 2.6% y/y.
Thursday – 14 March 2019
- Industrial Production (CNY, GMT 02:00) – The Chinese Industrial Production growth is expected to have stood at 5.5% y/y in January, compared to 5.7% in December.
Friday – 15 March 2019
- Interest Rate Decision (JPY, GMNT 02:00) – BoJ is not expected to proceed to any changes in the interest rates, even though it could provide more detail with regards to potential policy measures it could take.
- Euro Area CPI (EUR, GMT 10:00) – The EU CPI inflation in February is expected to have stood at 1.5% in February, the same as in January.
- Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index (USD, GMT 14:00) – The main US consumer confidence index is expected to ease to 93.0 in March, compared to 93.8 in February.
Click here to access the Economic Calendar
Dr Nektarios Michail
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.