FX News Today
- Brexit: A crushing defeat of May’s Brexit deal yesterday brings new uncertainty about Europe’s political future. The odds for a delay and/or new referendum are now higher.
- GBP bounced: Cable has advanced to the 1.2889 level, up from just under 1.2700 ahead of the vote.
- China injected $51.6 bln via reverse repo operations – The biggest daily net cash injection from China’s central bank on record.
- Japanese markets underperformed and Nikkei was down -0.55%.
- Yen weaker amid risk-back-on sentiment.
- Oil prices are also up and the front end WTI future is trading at $52.26 per barrel.
- German Dec HICP inflation confirmed at 1.7% y/y, leaving 2018 HICP at 1.9%.
Charts of the Day
Main Macro Events Today
- BoE’s Governor Carney speech – Draghi will probably strike a cautious tone and acknowledge that the balance of risks is starting to shift to the downside.
- UK Retail Price Index and Inflation – Expectations –The headline CPI is expected to come in unchanged at 1.8% y/y and December Retail Price Index is expected, to rise by 0.5% after falling in November.
- UK PPI and Core – Expectations –December headline PPI is forecast dipping 2.1% y/y, while the core is expected to be unchanged at 0.2%.
- PM May’s Leadership Challenge – Conservative Party lawmakers will hold a vote to express confidence in PM May’s government.
Support and Resistance Levels
Click here to access the HotForex Economic Calendar
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.